Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 1 week ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 month ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 1 month ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 2 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 3 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Apple iPhone 6: Is It the Best Point-and-Shoot?After months of waiting, we finally have Apple iPhone 6 (and its big brother, the iPhone 6 Plus). It’s the 7th or 8th edition of the iPhone (depending on how you count the 5C) and with each passing year, the “phone” designation appears less and less on the nose. Isn’t it really the iCamera? No matter what you call it, photography stands at or near the center […]
- Firefighter Who Suffered Electric Shock During Ice Bucket Challenge Has DiedTony Grider, one of the Kentucky firefighters injured last month during an ice bucket challenge gone wrong, has died. The 16-year veteran of the Campbellsville Fire Department was among four firefighters who sustained injuries from electric shock after a fire truck they were on came too close to a power line. Grider, 41, sustained the most severe injuries of […]
- Are You 'The Flash'? Step Into the S.T.A.R. Labs Mobile Unit and Find OutLOS ANGELES — Think you can compete with Barry Allen? To promote next month's premiere of The Flash, the CW, working with Two Bit Circus and media agency OMD, have created a mobile installation that'll give you the chance to find out SEE ALSO: 'The Flash' Trailer Hits: 9 Cool Blink-And-You-Missed-It Screenshots Starting Saturday outside t […]
- Apple iPhone 6: Is It the Best Point-and-Shoot?
- Microsoft will double your free OneDrive storage if you auto-upload photosMicrosoft has been rather generous with free OneDrive storage lately, and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. Now Redmond is bumping the previous gratis 15GB up by 100 percent, to 30GB. What's the catch? There isn't much of one, really....
- Oculus lets you tinker with the code and design of its first VR headsetIf you've ever wanted to modify a virtual reality headset (or even create one from scratch), Oculus VR just gave you a big head start on your project. The Facebook-owned firm has opened up the code, mechanical elements and design for its first VR...
- Oculus Rift's new prototype brings out the best in virtual realityPresence. It's the ability of VR headsets to fool your mind and body into thinking that you are actually in a virtual world, and that experience is what Oculus seeks to deliver with its latest prototype. Codenamed Crescent Bay, it's an evolution of...
- Microsoft will double your free OneDrive storage if you auto-upload photos