Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- RT @nrossreyes: Great concluding panel @videoadnews #NVF15 w/@mattprohaska @keithgrossman @riksta. Love inclusion of creative to bring back… 4 weeks ago
- @CraigElimeliah - hope new gig going well. DM me & we'll catch up soon. Thought you might like this post I wrote: bit.ly/1JtsXI1 1 month ago
- "Are you ready for the digital crash?" --- bit.ly/1JtsXI1 1 month ago
- RT @LinkedInB2B: 9 thought leaders share their perspective on "creative effectiveness" @totoellis @jdaykin @riksta #ConnectinCannes http://… 4 months ago
- @Ice_Box_Logic Thx for the tweet. Glad you enjoyed the post. 4 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Fearsome fighter Ronda Rousey's little sister plays her in a poignant new promo about her lifeTwo of the most fearsome female martial artists in the world are set to face off in six weeks, and a new UFC promo video takes a poignant look at how each of them got to where they are today. The dialogue-free commercial traces the parallel origin stories of MMA superstars Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm through a montage of milestones in their fighting careers […]
- After 20 years, Bill Bryson still finds Britain hilariousLONDON — Did you see the Facebook list of 100 observations about Britain from an American tourist that went viral earlier this week? Big deal. Bill Bryson has been doing that for decades, and his observations are about a thousand times funnier. Bryson, an American writer and traveler extraordinaire, published "Notes from a Small Island" — covering […]
- 'Suffragette' stars put spotlight on sexism in the film industryWe went to the London Film Festival for the premiere of Suffragette, the story of British women who fought for the right to vote. In an echo of the suffragettes' direct-action tactics, about a dozen protesters from anti-domestic violence group Sisters Uncut got past barriers and laid on the red carpet. Following the protest, we talked with the film […]
- Fearsome fighter Ronda Rousey's little sister plays her in a poignant new promo about her life
- Toyota's hydrogen concept car could power your concept homeWhile we're stuck working out the mpg of a practical family sedan, Toyota's off playing with our dreams (or nightmares) with cars like the above. The latest round of concepts from the Japanese auto-maker are being shown at the Tokyo Motor Show, and...
- NASA details its plans to reach and explore the red planetNASA once said that no private company's reaching the red planet without its help. If that's true, then private space corps should be thankful that the agency has a solid plan to get us there. America's space agency has published a document that de...
- I lost my friend, but his voice and music live on in my gameThe desert shouldn't exist. At the very least, people shouldn't live there. We did, only not by choice. When I decided to develop a virtual reality game based on my simultaneous repulsion and nostalgia for my hometown of Dewey, Arizona, I asked my...
- Toyota's hydrogen concept car could power your concept home