Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 1 month ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 2 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 2 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 4 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 4 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Restaurant Owner Hunts Down Negative Yelp ReviewerIf you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen — or really, the restaurant business in general If your restaurant is hit with a one-star review on Yelp, you can either improve the food and customer service, and hope that people will noticeOr, you can hunt down the reviewer who left the rating, and send him a series of profane text messages. Ninja C […]
- Apple Pay Blocked at Rite Aid and CVS in Favor of QR Code PaymentsThe list of retailers supporting Apple Pay during its launch in September was long and impressive, but in the weeks following the launch, some major retailers have blocked the service in favor of a competing option set to debut in 2015 According to user reports cropping up on Twitter, earlier this week, Apple Pay was operational at NFC terminals at Rite Aid […]
- Google Inbox Users Can Now Invite Others to JoinIf you're still waiting for an invite to Inbox, Google's new app that rethinks email, we have good news: Just bug your friends who already have it. The service, which is still in beta, rolled out to limited users on Wednesday. Users who emailed email@example.com could request an invitation, but only Google employees had the ability to invite others. […]
- Restaurant Owner Hunts Down Negative Yelp Reviewer
- Nexus 9, riding a real-life hoverboard and other stories you might've missedThat's right, folks. Our own Sean Buckley took Hendo's real-life Hoverboard for a spin, and yes, it was pretty awesome. But if that's not enough for you, we also reviewed Apple's new tablets and went hands-on with the Nexus 9 -- click on through for...
- Roku wants to grow its media hub empire with a public stock filingRoku frequently comes across as the little media player company that could: its streaming box business is growing in spite of much larger competition. As healthy as it is, though, this upstart now appears eager to join the big leagues. Tipsters for...
- Twitpic's last-minute deal with Twitter keeps your old photos safeTwitpic may not have avoided an untimely demise, but you won't have to worry about some of your older Twitter photos disappearing into the void. The defunct hosting company has reached a last-minute deal that will have Twitter take over both the...
- Nexus 9, riding a real-life hoverboard and other stories you might've missed