Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 2 weeks ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 month ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 1 month ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 3 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 3 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Why Denver Public School Students Are Protesting For AP HistoryHundreds of students and teachers at Denver-area public schools are skipping classes to protest a school board proposal that could change the way AP U.S. History is taught in the district as well as board-mandated tweaks to teachers' pay Two Denver high schools were shut down on Monday after a vast majority of teachers called in sick or took personal da […]
- Meet 15 of Advertising's Rising StarsAgencies and advertisers have descended upon New York for Advertising Week to discuss new trends, platforms and tactics in the marketplace. We wanted to celebrate the industry's young talent, so we asked senior agency staff to highlight the up-and-coming creatives whose work has caught their eye. See also: 5 Ways the Ad World Has Changed in the Last 10 […]
- Messages Supporting Hong Kong Protesters Stream from Web to the StreetsThe protests in Hong Kong calling for more local control of its political future have largely played out on television news broadcasts and live blogs, constantly updated with the latest developments But for one group of self-described media artists in Hong Kong, even this high level of focus on the protests was simply not enough. They decided to crowd source […]
- Why Denver Public School Students Are Protesting For AP History
- Bloomberg: Apple's splashing gold paint on the iPad tooThe nice thing about living in Apple's ecosystem is everything is consistent: the app library, the user interface and design motifs echo across all of the company's devices. Well, unless you have a gold iPhone -- then any iPad you could possibly buy...
- Stationary bike MMO lets you race against the world without leaving homeIndoor cycling normally isn't as fun as the outdoor variety, and it certainly isn't as social. Where's the thrill of blowing past a rival? That's what Zwift's upcoming massively multiplayer cycling game promises to solve. So long as you have a...
- Arduino's new 3D printer lets you modify just about everythingIf you're a fan of Arduino's tinker-friendly approach to computing, you'll be glad to hear that it's now extending that open philosophy to 3D printers. The company has teamed up with Sharebot to unveil the Materia 101, a small (5.5 inches by 4...
- Bloomberg: Apple's splashing gold paint on the iPad too