Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 2 months ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 3 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 3 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 5 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 5 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Ex-CBC host Jian Ghomeshi arrested, charged with sexual assaultTORONTO — Former Canadian radio host Jian Ghomeshi was arrested Wednesday on sexual assault charges. Ghomeshi, 47, was charged with four counts of sexual assault and overcoming resistance (choking), the Toronto Police Service said in a release. He surrendered on Wednesday, police said See also: At least 8 women now accuse former CBC host Jian Ghomeshi of sex […]
- Scenes from Ukraine, then and nowKIEV, Ukraine —In the year since the start of the revolution that toppled Ukraine's president and ushered in a pro-Western government, a lot has changed on the streets of Kiev. See also: A frozen conflict: life in eastern Ukraine A year ago, more than 100 people died in fierce clashes centered around Kreshchatyk, Institutska and Hrushevskoho streets. No […]
- Two men amuse commuters with a lively imaginary ping pong matchSome people read a book or listen to music while they're waiting for a train — not these guys. While waiting for the Tube in London, two men engaged in a lively game of ping pong using only the clicks of their tongues and some considerable pantomime skills. After the video gained some popularity on Reddit, YouTube user Jon Tietz edited in a cartoon ping […]
- Ex-CBC host Jian Ghomeshi arrested, charged with sexual assault
- Engadget's Black Friday 2014 roundupYes, it's once more time for Black Friday -- that beloved (and sometimes dreaded) day when you can brave crowded stores in hopes of scoring deals on gadgets that would otherwise be out of your reach. But who's offering the sweetest bargains? Never fe...
- After seven years, you can finally own The Keyboard Waffle IronSeven years ago, we brought you the story of a waffle iron that shaped the tasty treats into a keyboard. Plenty of you saw it and wished that you could have one of your very own, and it turns out that good things do come to those who wait. Designer C...
- Samsung says its ChatOn messaging service is staying putSamsung may have shut down some of its services in recent months, but ChatOn? It's not going anywhere. While The Korea Times claimed that Samsung was going to drop its messaging service on a "region-to-region" basis because it wasn't making cash, the...
- Engadget's Black Friday 2014 roundup