I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 1 month ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 2 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 2 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 4 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 4 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- 15-Year-Old Lego Genius Animates Movie Scenes in Brick FormMorgan Spence has a talent for bringing piles of Lego bricks to life through the art of stop-motion animation So when Lego artist Warren Elsmore gave the 15-year-old a two-week deadline to create a promotional video for Elsmore's upcoming book, Spence gladly accepted the challenge. The resulting video is a brief stop-motion homage to famous films create […]
- One of the First Apple Computers Built by Steve Wozniak Sells for $905KSomeone dropped a lot of money on an Apple computer on Wednesday, and it has nothing to do with the fancy new 5K Retina iMac. In fact, the computer was built in 1976. An Apple-1 computer — which was among the first computers developed by Apple — sold for $905,000 at a Bonhams New York auction, almost twice its highest estimate, according to the Bonhams aucti […]
- Tributes Pour in as Ottawa Returns to Business as UsualFlags flew at half mast across Canada on Thursday morning, a day after a shooting rampage in the capital city left one soldier dead. The city of Ottawa was on lockdown for several hours on Wednesday after a shooter, identified as Canadian, gunned down a soldier posted at the National War Memorial. The gunman then entered a nearby Parliament building where do […]
- 15-Year-Old Lego Genius Animates Movie Scenes in Brick Form
- Android Wear's latest update adds GPS support and offline music playbackAndroid Wear, Google's four-month-old wearables platform, is off to a good start. But like all nascent systems, there are still plenty of areas that need some TLC. It's got a lot of features and developer support, but it's practically useless if you...
- Let's look at each game console's lineup of exclusives for holiday 2014Can you smell that? It's the aroma of game lovers' tears everywhere as they realize their bank accounts likely can't sustain buying every title coming out in the annual deluge of fall video game releases. That's to say nothing of the amount of time...
- Google plans to make a component store for its modular phoneProject Ara is surely one of the most exciting things Google is working on right now -- at least from the ones we're aware of. Better yet, given how young it is, chances are it will only keep getting better and more interesting. While speaking at a...
- Android Wear's latest update adds GPS support and offline music playback