I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 2 weeks ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 month ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 1 month ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 3 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 3 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Humanity Has More Mothers Than Fathers, DNA RevealsMothers outnumbered fathers throughout much of human history, a new DNA analysis of people around the world shows. The genetic findings offer evidence for polygyny, when one man has many wives, and other reproductive customs, as people migrated out of Africa. "[Historically] more of the women were reproducing than the men," study researcher Mark St […]
- These 8 Popular Games Totally Kill Your Phone BatteryIt's all fun and games until your smartphone battery dies Whether you're passing time or procrastinating, mobile games offer endless hours of entertainment. But with advanced graphics, special effects and more, games can sharply cut your device's battery life and quietly eat up your data plan. See also: 10 Best Cross-Platform Multiplayer Mobil […]
- Local Search Popularity Means Small Businesses Still Need SEOMore and more consumers are turning to their smartphones and mobile devices to help them find nearby businesses and make purchases. In fact, 50% of people who make local searches on a smartphone visit a store within a day, according to a report from Google. The report, which broke down consumers' local search behavior, also found that 34% of tablet and […]
- Humanity Has More Mothers Than Fathers, DNA Reveals
- Uber for Business now automatically expenses taxis in 45 countriesThe nice thing about traveling for work is that you can hop in a taxi without worrying about the cost since, after all, you're not picking up the tab. The downside of that privilege is that, about a week or two after that, you'll have to sit down and...
- Tesco's looking to sell or close its Blinkbox streaming serviceWhen supermarket giant Tesco announced it was closing its free Clubcard TV streaming service, it didn't come as much of a surprise. However, bigger changes could be afoot, after The Times caught wind of the company's plans to get out of the streaming...
- Garmin's multi-sport GPS watch now talks to your phoneGarmin's GPS watch lineup has had an imbalance as of late; while more modest athletes have had luxuries like color displays and phone integration, you've had to make do with monochrome and old-school PC syncing if you need multi-sport wristwear like...
- Uber for Business now automatically expenses taxis in 45 countries