When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 2 months ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 3 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 3 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 5 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 5 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Twitter to begin tracking which apps you downloadTwitter will soon start keeping tabs on the apps you download An app update, slated to roll out to iOS users Wednesday and Android users in the next week, will add a setting that allows the social network to keep track of the apps you download, the company announced Wednesday. See also: Twitter: What to expect in 2015 The goal, Twitter says, is to provide us […]
- James Cameron: 'Avatar' sequels are going to be bitchin'James Cameron has one word to describe the next three Avatar sequels: "bitchin'." The director told Empire magazine in an interview that he's hard at work on scripts for three sequels to Avatar, the most successful movie in history (unadjusted for inflation). See also: James Cameron on Oculus Rift: 'Just a yawn' Cameron, whose c […]
- Ferguson library offers hope in community rattled by violenceIn the midst of a community rattled by violence, a library has become the symbol of resilience. While local schools have been forced to shut their doors and businesses have been boarded up in Ferguson, Missouri, the Ferguson Municipal Public Library has stayed open, offering support for a community on edge. See also: The real story in Ferguson is about the p […]
- Twitter to begin tracking which apps you download
- Black Friday: a brief history of madness and discountsFinally! It's the time of year once more when Americans line up outside of major retail outlets at absurdly early hours in an effort to score the lowest prices on all manner of consumer goods. Looking for a washer/dryer on the cheap? How about a Sams...
- OnePlus is opening a retail store in ChinaStill haven't scored an invitation for a OnePlus One, and missed out on the rare public sales? You may want to book a flight to China. OnePlus has revealed its first-ever retail shop, which will officially open in Beijing on December 20th. As you mig...
- US courts hope an old law will help them bypass phone encryptionFederal law enforcement might not be having much success pushing for laws that require a security backdoor on your phone, but that doesn't mean it's out of options. Judges (including one who published an opinion on a New York fraud case) have been le...
- Black Friday: a brief history of madness and discounts