When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 1 month ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 2 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 2 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 4 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 4 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- CBS Harnesses Star Power for Instagram 'Takeover'CBS has enlisted some major star power for a week of special Instagram content Actors from all 21 of the network's primetime series are set to participate in a week-long CBS Instagram takeover, which will begin Oct. 27 and run until Nov. 2. See also: Inside Kensi's Emotional Moment on 'NCIS: LA' "One of the best ways for the audience […]
- 13 Spectacular Photos of The Partial Solar EclipseThe moon passed in front of the sun on Thursday, causing a partial solar eclipse visible across North America For Stargazers lucky enough to experience clear weather during the eclipse, the sun appeared to take on a crescent shape, as the moon partially obstructed it from our view. This is 2014's first partial solar eclipse. A full solar eclipse took pl […]
- Don't Try Bending the iPad Air 2 at HomeBendgate continues with the iPad Air 2, and it's far worse than we've ever imagined. In a new YouTube video that will surely make any tablet owner's knuckles whiten and teeth clench, the latest iPad Air 2 undergoes a bend test to see how much pressure it can endure. See also: 14 Things Thicker Than the iPad Air 2 YouTube user Martin Macht star […]
- CBS Harnesses Star Power for Instagram 'Takeover'
- The London Science Museum's 'Information Age' exhibit catalogs 200 years of communication technologyHer Majesty the Queen took to Twitter for the first time today, but not to complain about the amount of ice in her post-brunch frappé. Instead, Liz was announcing the opening of a new permanent gallery at London's Science Museum that takes visitors...
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is shooting a 4K film with Samsung's NX1In an effort to make a push for its recently unveiled Samsung NX1, the South Korean company is now recruiting celebrities to help along the way. As part of this, Samsung has revealed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt, known for roles in movies like 10 Things...
- 'Don't freak out!' and other tips for surviving layoffs as a video game developerThe game industry is capable of building incredible worlds, engrossing us with believable characters, and empowering us to destroy (or create!) both. The unfortunate side of all that enchantment is the shaky business models that much of the industry...
- The London Science Museum's 'Information Age' exhibit catalogs 200 years of communication technology