When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 1 month ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 1 month ago
- RT @riksta we won!!! http://t.co/EB4itj072i 1 month ago
- @gloveandboots gr8 working with you guys and really gr8 to see all the positive sentiment from your fans on YouTube. We'll do more 2gether. 1 month ago
- @awbalfour great to see you fella. Sounds like a fun business you're in now. 1 month ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Google's $1 Billion Acquisition of Twitch Reportedly a GoAs previously rumored, Google is reportedly going to acquire Twitch for $1 billion. The newest report comes from Dean Takahashi at GamesBeat, citing "sources familiar with the matter." Although the terms of the deal — and the timing of the announcement aren't known, Takahashi says the deal is a lock. See also: 10 Engaging Twitch Channels to Wa […]
- Pandora Projects Lower Earnings and Investors Freak OutPandora's latest earnings report didn't strike quite the right note with investors The Internet radio service posted earnings of $0.04 a share on revenue of $218.9 million in the June quarter, beating Wall Street estimates on both counts. However, the company projected that earnings in the upcoming quarter would be between $0.05 and $0.08, coming i […]
- Jeff Bridges and Lois Lowry Give Us 'The Giver' at Comic-ConThe Giver comes out in just a couple of weeks, and The Weinstein Co. used Comic-Con on Thursday as a final springboard for what has already been a rich and abiding online and social campaign for the film based on Lois Lowry's young-adult sci-fi novel. Weinstein brought Jeff Bridges to Comic-Con, where the Tron: Legacy star has been before; and Lowry, wh […]
- Google's $1 Billion Acquisition of Twitch Reportedly a Go
- MIT students modify a 3D printer with a height-measuring laserIt's happened to all of us: you queue up a print job, your old desk printer starts up and it unceremoniously jams halfway through. It's easy enough to resume a botched print job when you're dealing with paper, but what do you do when you're printing...
- Google is reportedly buying Twitch for $1 billionWhat's the internet's most popular game-streaming service worth? About $1 billion, if VentureBeat sources have their story straight. Earlier this year, Variety and the Wall Street Journal reported that Google was in talks to acquire Twitch, but...
- New Apple TV game brings the 'Dance Party' to your living roomApple's set-top hobby has come a long way since its major refresh in 2010, thanks largely to a variety of services bringing different content to the platform. When it comes to gaming, however, the Apple TV isn't exactly a powerhouse, despite being...
- MIT students modify a 3D printer with a height-measuring laser