When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Japan only Daft Punk bonus track release - listen here: bit.ly/18ibMZQ sounds like Pink Floyd on holiday in Florida. 3 weeks ago
- Oh I would like a #bespokeballads written about my beard @bespokeoffers. 4 weeks ago
- Neat way to screw over a crappy brand. #FitchTheHomeless: youtu.be/O95DBxnXiSo 1 month ago
- @C7Borges barclaycard actually. But good spot. 1 month ago
- @MCFC by rights me and my dad should get cup final refund on our tickets due to crap PR mismanagement of Mancini story. Woeful situation. 1 month ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- 9 Creative Ways to Leave a TipIf you want to avoid being a terrible person, always tip your waiter or waitress. You could also make a lasting impression by leaving a tip with a little flare. You have your whole meal to decide on a way to present the money you'll leave, and the possibilities are endless SEE ALSO: Ermahgerd! The 12 Best Memes of 2012 You could see it as an opportunity […]
- Tom Wheeler Will Probably Be the Next FCC ChairmanPresident Obama's choice for the next chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, Tom Wheeler, will likely get the job, if Tuesday's confirmation hearing is any indication. How can we be so sure? Senate Commerce Committee Chair Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V.) told Wheeler he was "certain" he would get the job before the hearing even […]
- Facebook Now Has 1 Million Active AdvertisersFacebook now has more than 1 million businesses actively advertising on the social network, the company announced Tuesday. The "vast majority" of those advertisers are small businesses, according to Dan Levy, Facebook's director of small business, who announced the milestone during an event at Facebook's office in New York. SEE ALSO: 20 T […]
- 9 Creative Ways to Leave a Tip
- Microsoft says it freed at least 2 million PCs from Citadel botnetsEarlier this month, Microsoft announced that it took down 1,400 Citadel botnets with the help of the FBI, and now Ballmer and Co. have divulged just how big of an impact the effort had. According to Richard Domingues Boscovich, the firm's Digital Crimes Unit assistant general counsel, the operation freed at least 2 million PCs across the globe from the […]
- Dish doesn't submit another bid to buy Sprint, will 'consider its options'The latest move in the standoff between Softbank, Sprint, Dish Network and Clearwire has been made, as Dish stated today it will not submit another bid for Sprint. This comes after Sprint sued to stop Dish from buying Clearwire, which the satellite company called an attempt to deflect attention from its own unfair dealings. If you'll recall, Dish Networ […]
- Nintendo taps Steel Diver franchise for its first free-to-play gameNintendo was coy when it announced that its first free-to-play game will launch before the end of next March, divulging only that it wouldn't belong to the Mario or Pokemon franchises. However, the firm's Shigeru Miyamoto revealed to IGN that its first gratis title would be a Steel Diver game -- yes, as in the 3DS launch title -- featuring four-per […]
- Microsoft says it freed at least 2 million PCs from Citadel botnets