When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 2 weeks ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 month ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 1 month ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 3 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 3 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- What Are Some Psychological Tricks for Mastering a Job Interview?This question originally appeared on Quora.What are some psychological tips, tricks and techniques that I can use during a job interview that will increase my chances of getting an offer? Answer below by Zambelli Sylar Federico, student and entrepreneur. Mirror your interviewer's body language. This technique, known as "mirroring," is widely u […]
- 4 Native Ads the Media's Talking AboutNative advertising is perhaps the biggest trend in advertising. According to a recent eMarketer report, spending on native ads on social sites alone is expected to increase from $3.1 billion to $5 billion by 2017. Advertisers and publishers — and even readers — are helping to evolve the practice. And that means our understanding of the best and worst example […]
- Mindy Kaling and Elmo Are Undeniably EnthusiasticElmo is really enthusiastic about dancing with friendsMindy Kaling is really enthusiastic about dancing with chickens. Chickens are, evidently, really enthusiastic about jumping. The crew has to meet somewhere in the middle, so the final compromise is to jump to music For anyone who's dreamed of a dance party filled with chickens and Mindy Kaling (reall […]
- What Are Some Psychological Tricks for Mastering a Job Interview?
- Microsoft's next OS is Windows 10Instead of announcing the next version of its iconic operating system in front of a massive crowd of thousands, Microsoft chose an intimate venue with 50 or so reporters to launch the new Windows, which it's calling Windows 10. The company looks at...
- Pebble drops prices by $50 and adds continuous fitness trackingIf you've been thinking about getting a smartwatch but haven't been persuaded to plunk down a lot of cash, Pebble's trying to make the decision a little easier for you. The watch maker is lowering the price of its full lineup by $50, which means you...
- FCC unanimously rejects NFL's blackout rulesWell, that didn't take long. We reported yesterday that the FCC was taking aim at sports blackout rules this week, and today the Commission voted to nix the "unnecessary and outdated regulations." For nearly four decades, policies kept pay-TV...
- Microsoft's next OS is Windows 10