When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 week ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 2 weeks ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 2 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 2 months ago
- RT @riksta we won!!! http://t.co/EB4itj072i 2 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Microsoft Updates OneDrive Apps to Unify Business and Personal FilesMicrosoft is making it easier for mobile users of its OneDrive cloud storage platform to access both business and personal files simultaneously. The company plans to roll out improvements to its OneDrive app on Android, iOS and Windows Phone on Thursday. See also: 8 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google Drive The biggest updates will be to One […]
- Taylor Swift is Not Going to Age WellNot everyone's Paul Rudd — that is to say, not all of us are going to age well A new app called Oldify lets you "age" certain photos and take a disturbing glance into the future. Results are not always pretty. See also: Taylor Swift's 10 Best Dance Moves at the VMAs Elliott gives his take on it in the newest episode of Mashable Minute Las […]
- Leap Motion Dives Into Virtual RealityLeap Motion has continued to improve the software on its gesture-based controller, which allows you to interact with computers purely through hand motions, by adding more accurate and responsive hand tracking. Now, the company is using those improvements to propel itself into a new category: virtual reality Leap Motion unveiled new hardware and software upda […]
- Microsoft Updates OneDrive Apps to Unify Business and Personal Files
- Dangerous prank brings SWAT team down on gamerA Littleton, Colorado man named Jordan Mahewson was raided by a heavily armed SWAT team thanks to a false shooting and hostage report, and all the chaos was captured on a Twitch game stream (see below). During a Counter-Strike session, Jordan...
- Microsoft OneDrive for Android now lets you mix business with pleasureOneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage service formerly known as SkyDrive, just got updated across several platforms. Most significant, perhaps, is its Android app refresh that adds OneDrive for Business integration, so you can easily access both...
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook review: good for reading, but hardly the best budget tabletThere was a time when Barnes & Noble was so big, so dominating, that even Tom Hanks managed to look like a jerk when he played a book-chain executive. But times have changed, and as people began to order their books online -- or even download them --...
- Dangerous prank brings SWAT team down on gamer