When social media goes bad
I spoke recently at a NMA Live event on Online PR and reputation management. Here’s the video of me talking. The case study I shared was around how not to do social media and how easily brand reputation’s can be destroyed by ill-thought out social activity.
Warning: You’ll need some stamina to watch the video. It’s over 20 minutes long.
1 Comment »
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- The barriers creative and media agencies need to overcome to fully exploit the potential of digital outdoor: bit.ly/1yDEtKY 21 hours ago
- D&AD showcase five lovely branded content films: Prada and Bombay Sapphire my favourites - bit.ly/1Da54DI 1 day ago
- Nice bit of trend reporting from shutterstock: shutterstock.com/trends 1 day ago
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 4 months ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 5 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
- Zimbabwe president is the new African Union chairmanAfrican leaders Friday appointed Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe as the new chairman of the 54-nation African Union. The 90-year-old Mugabe, who has ruled his country since 1980, succeeds Mauritania's President Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz. See also: Boko Haram's trail of destruction in Nigeria seen in satellite images The announcement was made durin […]
- Alton Brown's 11 tips for healthier Super Bowl snacksFrom an food-lover's perspective, the Super Bowl can be a truly magical experience. It is one of the few nights a year that snacks are encouraged dinner fare, an opportunity that shouldn't be taken for granted While we're totally on board with taking the least healthful route to snack heaven, there are lighter ways to munch on game day. See al […]
- There are balls galore at a massive new ball pond for adults in LondonLONDON — Do you miss the big ball-filled playgrounds of your youth? Head to Hammersmith, London then, where a veritable ocean of balls has just opened up. Jump In! is a new ball pond full of 81,000 balls built by creative agency Pearlfisher to "promote the transformative power of play." For most, it's mainly a chance to regress to the carefree […]
- Zimbabwe president is the new African Union chairman
- 'Revenge porn' peddler banned from posting images without consentIf your significant other sends you artful nudes, it'd be pretty nasty to share those pics in the event of your separation. It's a feeling that the Federal Trade Commission shares after handing down a judgment on Craig Brittain, the owner of a websit...
- The Big Picture: Virtual Los Angeles' minimalist skylineHello darkness, my old friend. No the image above isn't a minimalist poster for the Jack Nicholson classic Chinatown on Etsy, it's what Grand Theft Auto V's version of Los Angeles looks like when the game's textures are stripped away, leaving just th...