Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 6 days ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 month ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 1 month ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 2 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 2 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Twitter Overhauls Profiles on iOS in the 'Biggest Update to Date'Twitter updated its iPhone app with completely redesigned profiles on Thursday The new profiles emphasize users' bios, photos and favorited tweets — in addition to their own tweets See also: 25 Twitter Accounts to Make You Laugh "This is our biggest update to profiles to date," the company wrote in a blog post. "Featuring a fresh design, […]
- Ferguson Explains It All: Clarissa's Brother Talks '90s Nick NostalgiaThe '90s era of television was arguably the pinnacle of Nickelodeon’s programming. A time when staying in on a Saturday night just to watch the All That cast was the cool thing to do. A time when children wrote fan mail to a popsicle stick. A time when the gaming technology in Nick Arcade and the flying graphics in Clarissa Explains It All were cutting […]
- Tension Builds in Georgia After Man Dies in Officer-Involved ShootingTension is mounting between the community of Savannah, Georgia, and local law enforcement on Thursday, after an officer-involved shooting left one man dead. His body reportedly remained in the street for hours. The shooting took place around 11 a.m, local time, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and an angry crowd has since gathered in the surrou […]
- Twitter Overhauls Profiles on iOS in the 'Biggest Update to Date'
- Home Depot says hack put 56 million credit and debit cards at riskWhen Home Depot confirmed that its in-store payments systems were hacked, the one juicy morsel it didn't disclose was how many people may have been affected. Well, the company finally patched the issue and 'fessed up: some 56 million payment cards...
- Xbox One's newest Kinect game is a comic-book styled murder mysteryLets say you're already burned out on Destiny and are looking for something a bit, well, different than what the Xbox One currently has on offer. That might just mean that D4 (short for Dark Dreams Don't Die), the latest game from the creator of...
- Larry Ellison steps aside as Oracle CEO, former HP exec Mark Hurd promotedUsually the only time we talk about Oracle is in relation to its battle with Google over Java and the use of related APIs in Android, but not today. At the age of 70, co-founder Larry Ellison is stepping down from the post of CEO and moving to a new...
- Home Depot says hack put 56 million credit and debit cards at risk