Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 4 months ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 5 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 5 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 7 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 7 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
January 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- This app tells you what to wear — based on your wardrobe and the weatherWe've seen hundreds of apps devoted to organizing your finances or fitness. How about fashion — specifically, harnessing the power of technology to declutter your wardrobe? ClosetSpace tackles this area by combining curated outfit suggestions with the items in your own closet, allowing you to put together a stylish sartorial system at no extra cost. See […]
- Mattel CEO departs as Barbie maker struggles to keep kids' interestBryan Stockton resigned from his post as CEO of Mattel on Monday after preliminary sales numbers indicated another disappointing holiday season for the struggling toy giant. The company announced that chairman Christopher Sinclair will take over as interim CEO until a replacement is determined. Alongside news of the departure, the toymaker announced that sal […]
- Your app survival kit for the 2015 blizzardWith a "potentially historic" blizzard on the way, millions of Americans are already in emergency preparedness mode. But while stocking up on food and other essentials is a given, loading your smartphone with the right apps can also help make the upcoming storm more manageable. See also: Live cam: Blizzard hits NYC From emergency alerts to real-tim […]
- This app tells you what to wear — based on your wardrobe and the weather
- This smart toolbox promotes drinking on the jobYou can now add "toolbox" to the growing list of mundane objects looking to up their IQ. Enter the Coolbox, a tech-laden, "smart" toolbox that launches today on Indiegogo. In addition to toting your tools, it packs a 12v rechargeable battery, two USB...
- GamerGate target working with 'major social media' to end online abuseAlong with game developer Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian is likely one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to online harassment. Both have been targets of intense cyber-abuse campaigns stemming from the GamerGate movement, and like Quinn, Sar...
- Here are the first films from Oculus Story StudioLook out, Hollywood, because Oculus VR is coming for you. Earlier today, the Facebook-owned company introduced its new film division Story Studio, as it looks to broaden its horizons and experiment with narrative through virtual reality. The first sh...
- This smart toolbox promotes drinking on the job