Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- @CarolynHinsey any recommendation from ian always turns out fun. Sent you a follow. 1 day ago
- Worse than cats @CraigElimeliah: Frank Underwood photo bombing the most famous selfie ever. #oscars http://t.co/j4Ma77p6kn” 5 days ago
- C'mon @MCFC it's cold and snowy in New York. Give me something to cheer about. 2 weeks ago
- @cwiss cheers fella. 4 weeks ago
- @Ingrid21 hey Ingrid. See you in Kentucky soon. 4 weeks ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Great White Shark Just Keeps Swimming — Into the History BooksA great white shark is swimming through new, unexplored waters — at least for her kind. She’s set to make history as the first of white shark to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Named Lydia, this 14-foot-long, satellite-tagged female shark was, at time of writing, 1,000 miles from the coasts of County Cork, Ireland, and Cornwall, England. That's just above the […]
- Crazed College Hoops Fan Storms Court to Confront CoachUC Santa Barbara hosted the University of Hawaii in college basketball on Thursday night. UCSB won, but the most talked about highlight of the game came midway through the first half when a Santa Barbara bro rushed the court to confront Hawaii coach Gib Arnold The bizarre moment immediately spread fast on the sports web out of sheer weirdness alone. A Hawaii […]
- What Men and Women Want — in a PhoneWhen it comes to smartphone purchases, men and women want the same thing: not too expensive, intuitive features and holds a charge like a champ. However, there are subtle differences between men and women's preferences in a new phone. According to a new Nielsen survey conducted in more than 58 countries, female respondents cared more about price, contra […]
- Great White Shark Just Keeps Swimming — Into the History Books
- Aereo's internet TV service in Denver and Salt Lake City shuts down todayAereo's streams in Denver and Salt Lake City hung on for a while after the US District Court of Utah granted its opponents a preliminary injunction on February 20th, but today they're shutting off. Yesterday a panel of federal court judges denied...
- Oppo's Find 7 smartphone poses for glamour shots, two weeks earlySo much for surprises. Oppo has been trying to maintain an aura of mystery around the launch of the Find 7 on March 19th, but the design lovers at Red Dot have spoiled things by showing off the smartphone in their product gallery, nearly two weeks...
- DoubleTwist's new app lets you save iTunes Radio tracks to your PCThe folks at DoubleTwist are at it again. Over the past three months they've crafted Android and OS X apps to help penny-pinching users save the music they hear on iTunes Radio, and now they've gone and done the unthinkable: they made a version for...
- Aereo's internet TV service in Denver and Salt Lake City shuts down today