Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- RT @LinkedInB2B: 9 thought leaders share their perspective on "creative effectiveness" @totoellis @jdaykin @riksta #ConnectinCannes http://… 4 weeks ago
- @Ice_Box_Logic Thx for the tweet. Glad you enjoyed the post. 1 month ago
- @AlanEEENash Thx for the tweet Alan. Glad you enjoyed the post. 1 month ago
- @vicofmaciver Thx for the Victoria Leasha. Glad you enjoyed the post. 1 month ago
- @ieashataitano @LinkedIn Thx for the tweet Leasha. Glad you enjoyed the post. 1 month ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- PayPal buys international money transfer company Xoom for $890 millionPayPal is ready to make some new friends PayPal has reached an agreement to buy money transfer company Xoom for $890 million, a move that brings millions of international customers to the company. Xoom bills itself as "an international money transfer service" that allows people to send money across borders. Xoom said it served 1.3 million customers […]
- Dismal 'Ehmoji' keyboard perfectly epitomizes Canadian contentIf you're Canadian, you're probably intimately familiar with "Canadian content," laws created by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) that specify a significant portion of shows broadcast on TV and radio must be made in Canada. The controversial set of laws — which has been around for the better part of a […]
- Europeans are trying to beat this crazy heat every way they know howSummer in Europe has been off to a sweltering start. A record-breaking heat wave has caused temperatures to exceed 40 degrees Celsius, or 104 Fahrenheit, in Spain. Paris reached its second-highest temperature ever recorded, according to Meteo France, with a high temperature of 39.7 degrees Celsius, or 103.5 degrees Fahrenheit. This falls just short of the al […]
- PayPal buys international money transfer company Xoom for $890 million
- Nike uses VR to put you in the shoes of soccer star NeymarNeymar Jr. is a well-oiled marketing machine. Not only is the Brazilian footballer a Nike brand icon, but you can also find him on the cover of video games like Pro Evolution Soccer 2016. However, because traditional commercials simply aren't enough ...
- Feds hunt for suspects in California internet backbone attackA string of attacks in California on one of the core portions of the internet has the FBI searching for suspects. The latest disruption occurred yesterday morning when three fiber-optic cables were cut in Alameda county in the Bay Area. The interrupt...
- Google parks its map-making tool inside Drive for easy accessTo make things easily accessible, Google is nesting its My Maps feature in Drive. This means that in addition to creating custom maps for whatever need may arise, you can also nestle them alongside documents or forms created with the productivity sui...
- Nike uses VR to put you in the shoes of soccer star Neymar