Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- From a marketers perspective Rubio is most sellable candidate #GOPDebate. From personal political viewpoint hope he doesn't win nomination. 3 months ago
- RT @nrossreyes: Great concluding panel @videoadnews #NVF15 w/@mattprohaska @keithgrossman @riksta. Love inclusion of creative to bring back… 5 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah - hope new gig going well. DM me & we'll catch up soon. Thought you might like this post I wrote: bit.ly/1JtsXI1 5 months ago
- "Are you ready for the digital crash?" --- bit.ly/1JtsXI1 5 months ago
- RT @LinkedInB2B: 9 thought leaders share their perspective on "creative effectiveness" @totoellis @jdaykin @riksta #ConnectinCannes http://… 8 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
February 2016 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
- Neck contouring is the ridiculous beauty trend taking Instagram by stormContouring has officially reached a new level. Girls have begun painting the backs of their necks every shade of the skin color rainbow to achieve the ultimate elegant silhouette. As is the case with the face contouring movement, neck contouring is all about creating definition. Fans are using bronzer to make their necks appear longer and slimmer — because […]
- British newspaper's switch from Mumbai to Bombay leads to Twitter jokesYesterday, the British newspaper The Independent announced that it would switch back to using the name Bombay, rather than Mumbai, to refer to the India's financial and entertainment hub. Its editor Amol Ranjan said that the step was a stand against "the close-minded view" of right-wing Hindu nationalists. See also: Mumbai's designer cabs […]
- Little girl has the most gleefully adorable reaction to her dad's jokeYou know you've got a good crowd when they start laughing before you've even reached the punchline. Bea, the little girl taking a break from her dinner to listen to her dad's joke in the above video, clearly makes for the perfect audience. See also: Little girl is not fooled when tricky dad tells her about weird thing called 'snow' S […]
- Neck contouring is the ridiculous beauty trend taking Instagram by storm
- Vevo's Apple TV and Android apps offer a more customized experienceAsk most people what comes to mind when they think of Vevo, and the answer will probably be the massive number of Vevo-sponsored musical artist pages on YouTube. If you watch a popular music video on YouTube, it's probably through the artist's channe...
- Samsung to launch Public Safety LTE in KoreaSamsung's plans of using its strong LTE technology for emergency services are taking shape. The Korean company has revealed that it's providing the infrastructure and devices for the country's Public Safety LTE network. People will be able to use the...
- Chrome on Android communicates with smart devices around youFolks running Chrome on iOS have had a chance to tap into the Physical Web devices around them since last July, but Google's finally opened that functionality up to its own ecosystem. To that end, Chrome 49 on Android will support the objects (like p...
- Vevo's Apple TV and Android apps offer a more customized experience