Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- RT @nrossreyes: Great concluding panel @videoadnews #NVF15 w/@mattprohaska @keithgrossman @riksta. Love inclusion of creative to bring back… 3 weeks ago
- @CraigElimeliah - hope new gig going well. DM me & we'll catch up soon. Thought you might like this post I wrote: bit.ly/1JtsXI1 1 month ago
- "Are you ready for the digital crash?" --- bit.ly/1JtsXI1 1 month ago
- RT @LinkedInB2B: 9 thought leaders share their perspective on "creative effectiveness" @totoellis @jdaykin @riksta #ConnectinCannes http://… 4 months ago
- @Ice_Box_Logic Thx for the tweet. Glad you enjoyed the post. 4 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
October 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- From B-school to Airbnb: Why MBAs should consider working for startupsFrom an outside perspective, it may seem like job seekers with MBAs and startup culture are ill-suited for one another. Employees with MBAs are often more expensive than their non-MBA counterparts, and may have high expectations of stability and a hefty paycheck from their first job post-B school. On the other hand, teams at startups tend to think of themsel […]
- Hillary Clinton meets her soul sister, a bartender named Val, and sings on SNLHillary Clinton took on the role of Val the bartender on the season premiere of Saturday Night Live. Val dished out advice to her caricature, played by Kate McKinnon, fist bumped, sang "Lean on Me" and then disappeared. But before vanishing — leaving behind a single, practical brown pump — she showered her alter ego with compliments. Hillary looks […]
- A new record for Star Wars fandom: A spaceship model goes for $450,000In case you thought there was a price limit on Star Wars fandom, think again. An unnamed bidder just spent $450,000 on a miniature model of the blockade runner vehicle flown by Princess Leia in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Reuters reported On the block as part of three days of bidding on Hollywood artifacts, it's the largest price ever paid for Sta […]
- From B-school to Airbnb: Why MBAs should consider working for startups
- 10-micron-wide flowers can bloom just like the real thingA team of researchers from the RMIT-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology Research Centre has developed a technique to create 10-micron-wide flower-like structures that bloom like the real thing. The group mixed two ingredients in water to make t...
- Google wants Glass-like headsets with holographic displaysGoogle Glass (aka Project Aura), as cool as it is, isn't very immersive: you're still looking at flat pictures superimposed on a 3D world. You may see some added depth in the future, though. Google has filed for a patent on a "head wearable display...
- Disney Research app turns colored drawings into 3D charactersA new Disney Research project can make coloring books more exciting for those of us with limited art skills. The team has built an interactive Android and iOS coloring book app using the Unity game engine that can take a colored drawing and turn it...
- 10-micron-wide flowers can bloom just like the real thing