Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Japan only Daft Punk bonus track release - listen here: bit.ly/18ibMZQ sounds like Pink Floyd on holiday in Florida. 2 days ago
- Oh I would like a #bespokeballads written about my beard @bespokeoffers. 3 days ago
- Neat way to screw over a crappy brand. #FitchTheHomeless: youtu.be/O95DBxnXiSo 1 week ago
- @C7Borges barclaycard actually. But good spot. 1 week ago
- @MCFC by rights me and my dad should get cup final refund on our tickets due to crap PR mismanagement of Mancini story. Woeful situation. 1 week ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- FOMO the Movie: The Terrifying Social TruthFor all the amazing ways social media has changed our lives, it's come with some downsides, as well. Chief among those is FOMO — that is, of course, Fear of Missing Out, a documented disease among social media addicts Surely you're familiar with the feeling. A simple night relaxing at home is no longer good enoughTwitter brings fun updates from fri […]
- Elon Musk Wants to Build an Electric Pickup TruckHow did you spend you Friday night? Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk spent his answering questions about paying back the government and musing about the next kind of electric vehicle he might like to make. After posting a number of tweets about his thoughts on proper taxation and how he did (PayPal and Zip2) and didn't make his fortune, Musk appeared to […]
- Askem Gets You the Answers You Need, FastThe Launchpad is a series that introduces Mashable readers to compelling startups. If you would like to have your startup considered for inclusion, please see the details here. Name: AskemThe Pitch: Askem aims to simplify your decision-making process Why It's Taking Off: Askem lets you share your questions online and create up to five different text res […]
- FOMO the Movie: The Terrifying Social Truth
- The Vikings head to the UK exclusively via LovefilmYearning to watch Norsemen amass loot while raiding foreign lands? If you're in the UK, you can now watch US cable show The Vikings exclusively via Lovefilm Instant. The Amazon-owned service has made all nine episodes of the historical drama -- shown in the US and in Canada on History Channel -- available for streaming. The service's subscribers in […]
- Google's 'last step' in Buzz shutdown: moving all data to Google DriveGoogle's social networking effort Buzz shut its doors last year but has popped up yet again, for what may be the last time. In an email that just went out to former users, Google noted it's packaging Buzz data into two files which will be stored on their Drive accounts. One is private, which will hold all of their posts both public and private, and […]
- Meet Magura's eLECT, an electronic suspension fork for tech-savvy cyclistsIf you're looking to trick out your bike, Magura's eLECT might be the electronic suspension system you crave -- if you're willing to sacrifice optimal reaction time. Using a 3D accelerometer, the eLECT analyzes terrain with a 0.2 second window to adjust to how bumpy or smooth your ride is. At first glance, 0.2 seconds seems impressive, but it […]
- The Vikings head to the UK exclusively via Lovefilm