Couple of our creatives have entered the 48 hour ad contest for Cannes Young Lions. Take a view at their effort below, if you like it, give it a star rating – and you could help send them on their way to Cannes. The more hits the video gets the more chance they have of winning, so if you think it’s a great entry, for a great cause – twitter the youtube link, blog it, stick it on facebook, email it to your mates, tattoo it to your forehead, or graffiti a nearby billboard with the link.
Wow. What an amazing year for the UK. After a few years of putting in a distinctly average digital performance at Cannes, this year UK agencies have been shortlisted everywhere (probably second most shortlisted country after the US) – and it’s interesting the mix of agencies represented; above-the-line, below-the-line, pure-play – everyone seems to be in on the digital act.
It’s good year for the network too with Rapp Collins Malaysia, DDB Stockholm (3), DDB Oslo, Rapp Digital Brazil, DDB Germany Hamburg and DDB Germany Berlin (2) all appearing on the shortlist.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 2 months ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 3 months ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 3 months ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 5 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 5 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
November 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 1959: Seville's extraordinary Holy Week festival, celebrated since 1350 A.D.Since the 14th century, the festival of Semana Santa (Holy Week) is celebrated across Spain. In Christianity, Holy Week is the one-week period preceding Easter, the day believers celebrate Jesus rising from the dead The week of observation in Seville is undoubtedly the most elaborate. Brotherhoods from Seville's many churches promenade through the stree […]
- This Instagram of Disneyland's feral cats will make you purrThere are well-known animals at Disneyland—the goats in the petting zoo and the horses on Main Street—and then there are ones that fly under the radar: the feral cats that prey on rodents. Sorry Mickey Disney doesn't like to talk about them, but every now and then the mousers pop into the public consciousness, like that time Ryan Gosling brought it up o […]
- Going global: 6 opportunities to take advantage of when working abroadYoung Americans are a shockingly mobile workforce. A recent large-scale study revealed that 59% of Americans between 21 and 30 years of age are willing to work overseas — and while Americans’ willingness to relocate still ranks low compared to the global workforce, U.S. millennials are significantly more adventurous than previous generations. So what’s the a […]
- 1959: Seville's extraordinary Holy Week festival, celebrated since 1350 A.D.
- 3D printing technique will put electronics into just about everythingYou can use 3D printing to make a handful of electronics, such as antennas and batteries, but LEDs and semiconductors have been elusive; you usually need some other manufacturing technique to make them work, which limits what they can do and where...
- Alienware's Alpha game console is ready to invade your living roomEager to get a truly TV-oriented gaming PC without waiting until the official Steam Machine launch in 2015? Alienware is more than happy to oblige: at long last, it's shipping the Alpha console. You can now shell out $549 or more to get a living...
- Why celebrities are suing video game studios, the Fire HD 6 and other stories you might've missedSo, why are certain celebrities suing video game companies? Well, it has a little somethin' to do with right of publicity law. This week, we broke down Lindsey Lohan's battle with Rockstar games, reviewed the Fire HD 6, toured the world's most...
- 3D printing technique will put electronics into just about everything