Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- Moving and upsetting interview. Samantha Morton who shows such dignity discussing abuse she suffered in care: theguardian.com/society/video/… 6 days ago
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 1 month ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 1 month ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 2 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 2 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Scotland Votes No: Friday's Front PagesAfter a long day (and night) of voting and counting each and every paper ballot, Scotland rejected independence from the United Kingdom. The voter turnout was extremely high — up to 90% in some districts —although the result was a No, the political landscape in Scotland has forever changed. It was a night of history Here are the front pages that the United K […]
- 'U Guessed It' Rap Lyrics Keep Popping Up in Hilarious VinesThe Vine community has claimed a manic, obscenity-filled rap song as its own. Viners have transformed intense lyrics from OG Maco's "U Guessed It" into humorous Vine videos that call out people who are wildly guessing on a variety of topics such as school, relationships and even Dora the Explorer See also: Amen! A Christian Rap Album Is No. 1 […]
- Emojiyo Gives Your Emoji Keyboard a FaceliftUntil iOS 8, the native emoji keyboard was pretty much the only "fun" keyboard available on iOS. Now with the new operating system, developers can create custom keyboards. While we've seen everything from animated GIF keyboards to gesture-based offerings, a new app wants to give your old standby emoji keyboard a much-needed overhaul. See also: […]
- Scotland Votes No: Friday's Front Pages
- Notion Ink quietly releases Cain, a 10.1-inch Windows 8 tabletThe Notion Ink Adam was a tablet with big dreams, but it hit the market with a loud flop. It's successor, the Adam II, whooshed by with almost no public notice at all. Now the company is back, but it's not trying to redesign the Android tablet...
- iFixit cracks open an iPhone 6 Plus to get at the massive battery insideNeed something to make today's wait for your new iPhone easier? Watching the crew at iFixit go at a brand new iPhone 6 Plus with their screwdrivers, spudgers and iSclacks probably won't help, but at least it will pass the time. They're in the middle...
- Twitter's iOS 8 upgrade brings a new look for profilesIf (for some reason) you absolutely hate how profiles look on Twitter for the iPhone, you may want to fire up the App Store and download the latest update. It comes with a brand new design for profiles, which brings your bio front and center (no more...
- Notion Ink quietly releases Cain, a 10.1-inch Windows 8 tablet