Our talking pets campaign allows users to create their own Talking Pet which they can then send to a friend or stick on their facebook page. Users can choose pre-defined pets, or can upload images of their own pets. We convert text to speech, animate the pet and bingo you’ve got a realistic talking pet.
We’re driving traffic to the microsite using email and digital advertising. One of the ad formats is a genuine world-first. The ad unit scrapes the page, identifies the H1 tag and then a talking pet in the ad unit reads the day’s headline from the news story on the page. The messaging kind of goes, “Didn’t know pets could read? Well they can talk to and you can create your own talking pet.” What’s more the ad unit also allows the user to enter their own message in the banner and have the pet read it out.
Try the site. If you’re a pet lover, you’ll really enjoy it.
Rik Haslam: Group Creative Architect
Some musings (from me and my colleagues at RAPP) about interesting interactive work and the innovations that are reshaping the way creative agencies operate.
- We've reinvented news and want to tell the world about it. Vote for our us at SXSW PanelPicker shar.es/1n4L80 2 weeks ago
- slack.com looks like a the best collaboration tool yet. 2 weeks ago
- Our @RAPPNY team won the Comcast NBC Universal Hackathon and ambushed my office with their amazing prizes. Bloody brilliant work. 2 months ago
- @CraigElimeliah that is such great news. What an achievement. We need to PR the hell out of it. 2 months ago
- RT @riksta we won!!! http://t.co/EB4itj072i 2 months ago
Web designer photos
Paul de Gregorio on Why your fundraisers are your… rob on Sony’s stealthy approach… reuben on Why your fundraisers are your… robbierae on Why your fundraisers are your… Personal ISA on Why the iPad is a hands-down…
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Broken Ribs Won't Stop Kings of Leon, But Tears May Fall at ConcertPHILADELPHIA — For most of August, Nathan Followill of Kings of Leon has been licking his wounds ever since he broke his ribs in a tour-bus accident that has forced the "Sex on Fire" rock band to unhappily cancel concerts for the past three weeks. Come Sunday at the Budweiser Made in America festival, the injured drummer will make his triumphant re […]
- Apple iWatch Coming in September, But You'll Have to Wait to Buy It, Report SaysPut that hammer away! Don't smash your poor, inadequate watches just yet As it turns out, an earlier report that said Apple's iWatch will arrive in September has been updated with a very important caveat: You'll have to wait to buy it See also: Apple Invites Are Out: New iPhones Coming Sept. 9 Re/Code, the same website that revealed Apple […]
- 11 Questionable Choices in LandscapingIt's hard out there for a yard. New and old-homeowners share a common desperation to keep their lawn looking clean, organized and unique. Some are content to settle for a regularly scheduled lawn mowing, while others experiment with more elaborate techniques See also: 20 Useful Cleaning Hacks to Make Chores Less Painful Sometimes, our amateur landscapin […]
- Broken Ribs Won't Stop Kings of Leon, But Tears May Fall at Concert
- Back to School 2014: The 13 best accessoriesOnce you've figured out your laptop and smartphone situation, chances are you'll want to invest in a nice backpack or a few extras to make the dorm room feel like home. Our back-to-school accessories picks are a perfect mix of necessities and...
- Scientists discover why mozzarella is the ideal pizza cheesePizza is essentially the perfect food. Well, so long as you aren't lactose intolerant or have problems with gluten. We realize that those are pretty big caveats, but stay with us for a second -- it'll be worth it: NPR spotted a study of why different...
- Recommended Reading: The (second) rise of virtual realityRecommended Reading highlights the best long-form writing on technology and more in print and on the web. Some weeks, you'll also find short reviews of books that we think are worth your time. We hope you enjoy the read. The Rise and Fall and...
- Back to School 2014: The 13 best accessories